Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Day in the Gymnasium!!!

Ka BOOM was the music to my ears when I heard about this amazing opportunity of going to this most wonderful gymnasium in the world. So I woke up early one morning and started swifting my way through a crowd and diving into the bus like a champion swimmer and also got my way through to the middle of the bus, but I nearly collapsed on the ground when I was saved by a blue chair which my boss tom was sitting on, so I sat next to him and talked about our most thrilling gymnasium. As the bus went on driving I stared out at the window to look at the beautiful world, suddenly tom poked me on my shoulder and said lets have a staring contest so we did, after that soaring game my eyes were going to rip but after for a while it weird out.

When the bus was stopping one of the teachers said some rules before going of the bus. One of the rules I remember was saying thank-you to the bus driver before getting off the bus. As we came out a lovely women offered us a cosy department in the inside of the gymnasium. When we entered the place, we could see the other class from St Therese School practicing there stuns but we had to move on. After a while another lady came and told us that it was our turn to come inside and finally it was the moment I’ve been waiting for. As the doors opened slowing, my eyes were glowing with excitement then we entered inside and it smelled like fresh air.

Then I explored like a genius hopping up and down. After my exploring time we had to get warmed up so that we can not have soar mussels or crams. Then when we were finished we played a wild game where every one went wild like animals in the jungle. After that tiring game we were put in groups of numbers. When we were put in groups we had activities to follow. Our first activity was trampoline, we were first on it and I was surprised as we started we had to jump on our knees, but it was a little bit tough for a 9 year old boy/girl but I handled it perfectly. After that we had a challenge of who can do the least jump from the beginning to the end, and the record was 6 made by John Tupouniua.

Then we moved on to the next activity. On the next activity we had to do cartwheels all the way to the end and back, we had to do it 5 times. When we were finished my arms were going to rip apart like a person pulling of someone arms. Next we were sent to go to the next activity which was called the foam pit. When I saw it, it looked easy but trust me you won’t want to try it, because it is another ripping experience but instead of ripping your arms it rips your legs it is so deep that you can drown to the bottom. Then after we went to the second to last activity which I call hanging dead, on this activity we had to hang on it the longest and close our eyes, it really is fun because you can swing the whole way through the session, while I was swinging a lady called out last activity which meant go to the last activity.

On the activity we had to do stuns on squared poles and the following instruction given by the lady who was running the activity and be ballerinas on it. After it we went back on the mat where we were doing our stretches and stared swinging the parachute. Then when we were done one of the students from St Therese stood up and said a very big thank-you to the leaders. Then we went back to school with the bus.

By Brian Valoia